The Top 5 Pigeon Forge Indoor Activities
Located minutes away from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Pigeon Forge, TN is famous for its natural beauty and outdoor adventures. Sometimes, however, the weather just doesn’t cooperate with your plans to go hiking or horseback riding. Fortunately, the area is also home to a number of superb indoor attractions that you can enjoy no matter what the weather is like outside. To help you make the most of your vacation, The Inn On The River has put together a guide to five of the best Pigeon Forge indoor activities.
1. Have an Adventure at MagiQuest
Just a 3 minute walk from The Inn On The River, MagiQuest is the perfect place to spend an afternoon with the whole family! Designed to look like an enormous medieval castle, this building is home to four different fun attractions:
- The signature MagiQuest adventure is a fantasy role playing game where participants use interactive magic wands to solve puzzles and fight evil creatures.
- The Vault is a Mission Impossible-style laser challenge that will test your agility and stealthiness.
- Pirate Golf is an 18 hole blacklight putt-putt course set in a Caribbean pirate village. For more information on Pirate Golf, check out our guide to the 3 best putt-putt courses in Pigeon Forge.
- The Odyssey is the world’s largest mirror maze, with 5,000 square feet of twists and turns!
When you take advantage of MagiQuest’s combo deal, you can enjoy all four Pigeon Forge indoor activities at one low price!
2. Step Back in Time at the Titanic Museum Attraction
It’s hard to miss the Titanic Museum when you’re driving down the Pigeon Forge Parkway, because it looks like the RMS Titanic washed up in the Smokies! When you come aboard this totally unique attraction, you will find over 400 artifacts from the real Titanic, full size recreations of rooms from the ship, and a variety of interactive exhibits. Whether you’re a history buff or just a fan of the Leonardo DiCaprio movie, you will love this museum.
3. Free Fall at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving
If you’ve always wanted to go skydiving but are afraid of jumping out of an airplane, this attraction is for you! Flyaway Indoor Skydiving uses a vertical wind tunnel that creates gusts of up to 120 miles per hour, allowing guests to enjoy a free fall experience without the need for parachutes or planes. We can’t think of a more exhilarating activity for a rainy day!
4. Explore the WonderWorks Indoor Amusement Park
WonderWorks is Pigeon Forge’s only indoor amusement park! This 35,000 square foot attraction is home to over 100 interactive exhibits that are organized into six Wonder Zones themed around Natural Disasters, Physical Challenges, Light & Sound, Space Discovery, Imagination, and “Far Out” Art. In addition to all of the awesome exhibits, WonderWorks also features an indoor ropes challenge and a great laser tag arena.
5. See a Fun Show
Pigeon Forge is famous for its family friendly theaters. Visitors to the area will find a variety of shows with spectacular music, hilarious comedy, and incredible stunts. Some theaters even offer mouthwatering meals that you can enjoy during the performance. Here are some of the most popular shows in the Smokies:
- Country Tonite Music Show
- Dixie Stampede Dinner Show
- Comedy Barn
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show
- Smoky Mountain Opry
- Soul of Motown
When you stay at The Inn On The River, you will be minutes away from all of the best Pigeon Forge indoor activities. With indoor and outdoor heated pools, a complimentary hot breakfast bar, a patio beside the Little Pigeon River, and the friendliest staff in the Smoky Mountains, we have everything you need for an unforgettable vacation. To start planning your getaway, browse our selection of Pigeon Forge hotel rooms!